Monday, June 9, 2014

Home Stretch

Summer vacation is only three official days away for me, and for many it is already in full swing! I have one more final to go tomorrow morning and then I'm completely done learning for the year. My last final is English, and all I have to do is write out a preplanned essay, followed by coming home and writing a short little essay for First Aid and CPR that I was absent for. Then, after all of that I will be 100% done with school work! Wednesday is an early dismissal and sort of a party day in all my classes, and then Thursday, the last day, an even earlier dismissal, is a new tradition my school is starting this year called "Move Up Day", where you check your out classes for the next year. 

I think Move Up Day is a good idea so that you can see who all is in your classes and get some info about summer AP work, but at the same time I sort of like being surprised by my new classmates on the first day. I have never been one to freak out over who I have classes with and who I can walk with from class to class, unlike most of the people in my school. I have always ended up knowing people and like I said, I quite enjoy not knowing. Finding out on the first day doesn't give me a whole lot of time to think about how upset I am that I have a class with so-and-so or that I'm surrounded by smart people and will feel stupid, or that all my friends have a different teacher, and I think that just makes the overall year more enjoyable. 

I feel like having an entire summer to stew over who's in my classes will just take away the fun. Now, don't get me wrong, I completely understand people who feel anxious not knowing. That's just not me, I'm surprisingly pretty chill about it, for a somewhat uptight person. I'm weird in the way that I am very independent but also not a loner; I like being surrounded by people but am completely fine not being around others every second. My Meyers-Briggs personality is an ENFJ, if you google it I think it sums me up nicely. 

Most girls are always walking in a posse, whereas there a few classes each day where I walk confidently alone. I have never felt judged by anyone for walking alone, probably because I never look sad. If someone asked to walk with me of course, I'd say yes! More power to you, though, if you're the type always walking in a pack. To each his own!

I have really strived this year to embody something Kid President said: "Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody." This goes along with my philosophy of taking each classmate for what they're worth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect- I judge people. I think it's impossible not to, at first. But one of the ways I keep myself from missing out on someone I might actually like is by not freaking about who I do and do not have classes with. 

If you haven't heard of Kid President, you need to look it up on youtube right now! He is so awesome!!!

XOXO,

Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment