Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Sugar Challenge: UPDATE!

I have made it a whopping six days without sugar. I now only have until Wednesday to complete the challenge! It's actually been a lot easier than I thought. That said, I seriously don't think I could've done this if my parents hadn't hopped on board. It's so much better when you have a support system!

My friends in my Aerobics class have been a great help as well. Outside of gym class, however a lot of my friends have made me especially grateful to have people willing to take the challenge with me, because I've gotten my fair share of "Wow that sucks! This donut tastes so good" at the lunch table. ;) "Power through!" I tell myself.

And power through I have. Nothing makes you feel better than staying on track of a goal! Okay, I'm gloating I know. Whoops. But, let's call it "glowing" instead. This challenge has actually been fun, it's an adventure finding snacks in the grocery store! No more picking up random handfuls and stuffing them in my mouth just 'cuz. 

I hope to stick to a healthier regimen even after this challenge, although I do plan on letting myself have dessert on occasion. Or once a day. Like my Dad always says, "all things in moderation!"

Also, I've discovered some truly yummy AND  good-for-you snacks thanks to this process.

My favorite? Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with strawberries and bananas or over Chobani greek yogurt. Such a delicious, easy, and filling way to start your day.

Only four more days!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment